DIGITASK4IC project, supported within the scheme of Erasmus+ KA226 Digital Education Readiness, is a strategic partnership among HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY (coordinator, Ufuk Balaman), UNIVERSITAT AUTONOMA DE BARCELONA (partner, Dolors Masats), UNIVERSITAET INNSBRUCK (partner, Carmen Konzett-Firth), and MUGLA SITKI KOCMAN UNIVERSITY (partner, Eda Üstünel). The consortium aims to
- create a web app that operates as a digital pedagogical task generator (DIGITASK)
- create a digital task catalogue (a comprehensive documentation of existing local, regional, national, European and/or international pedagogical task types with DIGITASK outputs)
- develop a digital training module for teacher trainers and trainee teachers to get the best out of the DIGITASK app.
More specifically, DIGITASK4IC sets out to
- provide teacher trainers in higher education institutions with digital support for their training of (foreign language) pre-service teachers, specifically in how they efficiently design pedagogical tasks
- ensure that they understand how to design tasks to achieve rich spoken outcomes informed by task-based language teaching (TBLT);
- provide input and digital support on task design to better improve second/additional/foreign language (L2) interactional competence (IC).
By producing the DIGITASK app, the consortium hopes to innovate the task-based teaching of foreign languages and language teacher education practices by digitizing pedagogical task design and incorporating TBLT and L2 IC.